Homer Fire

July 18-24

Firefighters and emergency medical technicians went to 16 medical calls and two fire calls.

July 21

Firefighters at 7:08 p.m. went to a kitchen fire at a Lakeshore Drive four-plex. Crews found the residents had put out the fire with an extinguisher. Firefighters found heavy smoke and fire damage to the kitchen. The fire was caused by unattended cooking when the cook said he walked away from the stove for just a minute while heating up oil. No one was displaced from their home. Firefighters remind people to test smoking detectors to make sure they work, to keep a working fire extinguishers in the kitchen and to never leave cooking unattended.

Comments

A Facebook login using a real name is required for commenting. Respectful and constructive comments are welcomed. Abusers will be blocked and reported to Facebook.