After a soft opening in early October, Scotts Family Pharmacy plans to pull out all the stops for a grand opening celebration set for Saturday.
The event takes place from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the pharmacy located at 4014 Lake St., Suite 101, in the building that many long-time Homer residents call the old blue bank building on the corner of East End Road and Lake Street.
Among the events planned:
• Lunch will be served starting at 11 a.m., while supplies last.
• Free consults and services will be offered.
• Hot beverages will be served.
• There will be several give-aways.
• Those attending can enter to win a free Fitbit.
The pharmacy is open 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
The pharmacy phone is 907-226-2580.
The store is owned and operated by husband-and-wife team, Nathan and Gina Scott.
Nathan Scott received his doctorate of pharmacy from the University of Southern Nevada and has worked in both retail and clinical settings.
Gina Scott has a business background and previously worked at Alaska USA Federal Credit Union.