Firefighters and emergency medical technicians went to 18 medical calls and four fire calls. Firefighters also responded to multiple carbon monoxide alarms over the past few weeks. The department reminds people to have annual inspection and maintenance done on heating and cooking sources that can produce CO.
Firefighters and Homer Police at 7:01 p.m. went to a report of a leaking natural gas line that had been broken while a person ran a rototiller at a Shelley Avenue home. Neighboring homes were evacuated while crews clamped the line and stood by for Enstar Natural Gas crews to fix the line. No one was injured.