Homer Police Reports

May 18

A woman at 9:57 a.m. reported she lost her wallet somewhere in Homer.

A caller at 10:43 a.m. reported an abandoned vehicle that had been stripped of parts in the Karen Hornaday Park parking lot.

A woman at 11:43 a.m. reported she lost her wallet somewhere in Homer.

A woman at 11:55 a.m. turned in a found set of keys.

Police at 12:25 p.m. contacted a driver and warned the person for driving the wrong way on a one-way street on Fairview Avenue.

A caller at 12:44 p.m. reported several mailboxes had been knocked down and damaged with broken glass in the area on East End Road near Thompson Drive.

A person at 1:23 p.m. made a 911 call of a car crash with injuries on Pioneer Avenue. Police responded.

A caller at 2:38 p.m. reported suspicious activity at a Sterling Highway address.

A caller at 3:09 p.m. reported a two-car crash with no injuries on the Sterling Highway.

A man at 3:15 p.m. reported that while stopped at a Pioneer Avenue crosswalk waiting for an elderly woman to cross, a driver in a car came from behind and passed him.

Police at 5:23 p.m. stopped a driver on the Sterling Highway and warned the person for failure to register a vehicle. Police told the driver not to move the car until it had insurance.

A caller at 5:31 p.m. reported juveniles riding an ATV in the road on West Hill Road.

A caller at 5:40 p.m. reported a theft from a Sitka Rose Circle house. Police responded.

A caller at 7:19 p.m. asked police to do a welfare check on a woman and her children at Karen Hornaday Park. Police located the people and found all was OK.

A medical worker at 7:42 p.m. asked for an incident number for a person who was at South Peninsula Hospital and might be the victim of a sexual assault.

Police at 7:47 p.m. issued animal control citations at a Sprucewood Drive address.

Police at 8:53 p.m. issued animal control citations at a Rangeview Avenue address.

A caller at 9:27 p.m. reported a man staggering down the street on the Sterling Highway. Police could not locate the man.

A caller at 10:13 p.m. made a “report every dangerous driver immediately” complaint and a domestic dispute over a cell phone. Police contacted the parties involved.

May 19

Police at 1:16 a.m. stopped a car on the Sterling Highway and reported the subjects acted suspiciously.

Police at 4:04 a.m. contacted a man camping in a Sterling Highway business parking lot.

A man at 11:15 a.m. came by the police station and asked to speak to an officer.

A person at 12:50 p.m. made a 911 call of parked cars creating a traffic hazard at Main Street and the Sterling Highway. Police responded and found everything was OK.

Police at 1:38 p.m. issued an animal control citation.

A woman at 6:25 p.m. reported a cow moose had just delivered a calf at a Sterling Highway address. She said there were children walking in the area and she was worried for their safety. Police responded but did not find the moose.

A caller at 5:38 p.m. reported a child riding an ATV on West Hill Road.

Police at 6:44 p.m. tried to catch a dog in the road on East End Road near Meadow Drive.

A caller at 7:41 p.m. reported people smoking marijuana at a park on Adams Drive. Police responded and contacted people who turned out not to be involved.

A caller at 7:48 p.m reported losing a wedding ring.

A caller at 11:59 p.m. reported a noise disturbance on Bishop’s Beach.

May 20

A caller at 7:27 a.m. reported a tractor trailer with a blown tire with debris flying around on the Sterling Highway near Main Street. Police stopped and warned the driver.

A woman at 9:09 a.m. asked for advice regarding an eviction notice. Police provided her with options.

A caller at 9:44 a.m. asked for help in contacting the owner of a vehicle left in a Sterling Highway parking lot. Police left a note on the vehicle.

A person at 12:10 p.m. dropped of a set of found keys.

A woman at 1:45 p.m. went to the police station and reported being assaulted. Police spoke with the woman.

A caller at 2:15 p.m. reported corresponding with people who might have committed fraud.

A caller at 3 p.m. reported a former employee might be stealing from an Ocean Drive business.

A woman at 3:28 p.m. made a 911 call. Police called her back and she said she was unsure of her status. Police responded and found all was OK.

A woman at 3:59 p.m. reported she had been assaulted by her husband at her Kachemak Way home. Police responded and separated the parties for the night. The incident did not rise to the level of a crime.

A person at 3:50 p.m. made a 911 call asking police to do a welfare check on a person at a Fairview Avenue home. Police responded but did not find anyone there.

A person at 6:05 p.m. reported receiving several disturbing phone calls.

A man at 7:12 p.m. reported two missing 3-year-old girls in the Calamari Court area. Before officers arrived the caller reported the girls had been found and all was OK.

Police at 7:37 p.m. stopped a 67-year-old man driving on the Sterling Highway and arrested him for driving under the influence.

A man at 10:03 p.m. reported he suspected a party with high-school age people was going to start in the Tulin Terrace area. Police contacted a small group of adults and they all left the area.

Police at 10:56 p.m. tried to catch a dog in the Skyline Drive and Autumn Star Lane area.

May 21

A woman at 4:18 a.m. reported someone hit her in the leg but she would not give her location. Police checked the area but could not find her.

A man at 7:22 a.m. reported his car had been vandalized while parked at a Jenny Way lot.

A woman at 4:44 p.m. reported receiving lewd phone calls.

A caller at 5:27 p.m. reported a truck with an unsafe load on Pioneer Avenue. Police stopped the suspect truck and driver but did not see impairment. Police advised the driver to remove a vehicle being towed.

A caller at 6:38 p.m. reported an assault at a Fairview Avenue address. Police responded.

A woman at 7:32 p.m. reported a dog bit her dog and a neighbor’s child. Police responded and took the dog to the animal shelter.

May 22

A person at 12:18 a.m. made a 911 call of a disturbance on Fairview Avenue and then hung up. Police could not reach the caller on a call back. Police went to the scene and issued a warning to a person.