Testosterone is one of the most important hormones produced by the body, and it contributes strongly to the sexual health of males. Most males feel much more masculine and good about themselves, when their testosterone levels are up to snuff. Unfortunately, the aging process carries with it a reduction in the level of testosterone that is produced by the body, and for most men this will result in them feeling less energetic, as well as having a lower sex drive.
The good news is that hormone levels can be increased again in a very natural way without the use of injections or prescriptions from your doctor. There are a number of testosterone supplements that contain a good amount of natural ingredients which can help men restore the vitality they once had. These supplements can also help you reduce body fat, increase your muscle mass, and restore your sex drive.
Below, you’ll find a review of some of the best testosterone boosters on the market, as reviewed by scientific experts, medical personnel, and some very satisfied males who endorse these products whole-heartedly. If you’re a person who has recently begun to feel less energetic and less masculine, particularly if you’re starting to get a little older, any one of these products might do you a world of good, and make you feel like your old self again.
Also below, you’ll find a description of some of the most prominent and popular ingredients used in the production of these supplements, so you can understand their contributions to the specific formulas.
- XWERKS Ashwa
- Testo Lab Pro T-Booster
- Barbarian XL by Zenith Labs
- Hunter Test
- T20 by JayLab Pro
- Prime Male
- Testo 911 by PhytAge Labs
Ashwa by XWERKS is a testosterone boosting product featuring ashwagandha as the main ingredient. The use of Ashwagandha goes back centuries to treat stress and other ailments. The active ingredient in ashwagandha is withanolides, this powerful compound is what helps naturally lower cortisol in your body – the stress hormone. The higher your cortisol, the lower your testosterone.
Every serving of Ashwa contains 1,500mg of ashwagandha root extract gummies standardized to 3% withanolides, label transparency is always good to see. The gummies are non-GMO, vegan friendly, gluten free and have a tasty strawberry flavor.
At only $19, these are the perfect product to stack with other testosterone boosting products found below.
Dosage: 2 gummies at the end of the day
Guarantee: 30 day money back guarantee
This booster emphasizes the level of free testosterone as well as total testosterone level. The idea behind this formula is that the luteinizing hormone is increased by stimulating Leydig cells in the testes. Since luteinizing hormone often goes hand-in-hand with diminishing testosterone levels, the makers of this product theorized that stimulating the Leydig cells would increase the production and release of testosterone. The formula is also supposed to significantly increase free testosterone in the body.
The main ingredients found in this formulation are zinc, vitamin D3, boron, magnesium vitamin B6, vitamin K1, Korean red ginseng extract, aspartic acid, fenugreek extract, and bioperine. The recommended dosage is four capsules every day, taken about 20 minutes before having breakfast. The key features of Testogen are that it enhances energy level for any strenuous workouts, it builds muscle mass, it includes a strong agent for weight loss, it supercharges your sex drive, and it has over 880,000 satisfied customers since its initial release in 2014.
Dosage: 4 capsules per day before breakfast
Guarantee: 100 days – money back
Testo Lab Pro T-Booster
This formulation creates a definite synergy between the production of testosterone and whatever significant exercise you include in your routine workouts. It’s advertised as a formula which is legal, safe, effective, clean, and fully tested by third parties who have validated its effectiveness. Males who are vegetarian or vegan find this formula much to their liking, because this is a booster which is entirely plant-based, and is right in line with their lifestyle.
The main ingredients included in this product are six distinct natural testosterone boosters which are all recognized performance enhancers. These six are: Mucuna Pruriens Extract, Luteolin, D-aspartic acid, KSM-66, NutriGenesis, and a blend of some powerful minerals and patented vitamins. Recommended dosage is four capsules each day, ideally with two coming in the morning and the other two sometime in the evening. Users of this product have claimed they have more energy to work out, with considerably less fatigue afterward, all of which contributes to burning fat and building up muscle. It is marketed as a product which optimizes manliness and provides a strong dose of testosterone, in addition to jump-starting your sex drive.
Dosage: 4 capsules per day, 2 in the morning and 2 at night
Guarantee: 30 days
This natural testosterone supplement is marketed as a product which increases strength, energy, muscle mass, and sex drive. Many males who have used it also claim that it has helped them lose weight. The way it achieves these sparkling results is by including strong components of vitamin B6, magnesium aspartate, and zinc monomethionine.
Each one of these elements stimulates the synthesis of protein, and that contributes powerfully to the growth of muscle mass. The supplement is also claimed to promote diet and exercise, both of which are strong factors closely tied to the production of testosterone. The main ingredients found in this formulation include D-aspartic acid, zinc monomethionine, magnesium aspartate, vitamin B6, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, ZMA, and fenugreek seed extract.
Makers of this product recommend that two capsules be taken each day to achieve maximum benefits. The main features achievable with this testosterone booster are decreased body fat and increased muscle mass, as well as noticeable gain in strength, energy, and virility. It is also capable of reducing catabolic hormone production and promoting increased testosterone production, so that your physique can be significantly enhanced. This formula will help you achieve your fitness goals by working out much more efficiently, and becoming less subject to fatigue after your workouts.
Dosage: 2 capsules per day
Guarantee: 60 day, money back
Barbarian XL by Zenith Labs
Zenith labs is a longtime innovator in the field of testosterone boosting, and this formula is considered to be a premium, cutting-edge product that includes five very powerful natural ingredients that work together to maintain sexual drive, energy levels, and the user’s self-confidence. These five ingredients are Boswellian extract, Ashwagandha, Tongkat Ali, Shilajit, and Korean red ginseng. In addition, some powerful vitamins like vitamin B6, vitamin D, zinc, and magnesium help promote healthy levels of testosterone by boosting the bioavailability and absorption of the five natural stimulants mentioned above.
There are no unusual chemicals in this formulation, and it has been tested by an independent third party laboratory to confirm the purity and potency of the booster supplement included in this formulation. The person primarily responsible for the development of this formula is a naturopathic doctor, and also the primary medical officer of Zenith Labs, Dr. Ryan Shelton. Dr. Shelton has a healthy respect for science as well as natural treatments, and he endorses this product as something that will reverse the aging process in males to help restore their vitality.
Therefore, this formula was specifically designed to help overcome diminishing sexual performance, and it has been recognized as one of the very best products available for that purpose. This is one of the most effective all-around testosterone boosters, because it makes use of high-quality raw ingredients, and these are all known to be contributors to better sexual performance and increased sex drive.
The manufacturers recommend taking two tablets each day, up to a period which should not exceed 180 days. Once this threshold has been reached, it’s best to discontinue the product for a while, to allow your body time to relax, before picking it up again in a month or two. The main benefits provided by this formula are its powerful boost to the sex drive, the natural increase of testosterone levels, significantly greater strength and energy due to the all-natural ingredients, and its ability to banish anxiety and depression, which are commonly associated with low testosterone levels.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules a day
Guarantee: 180 days, no questions
This is another great testosterone booster supplement which is capable of increasing both mental and physical energy levels, burning unwanted fat, supporting protein synthesis, and contributing to much greater self-confidence and improved mood. There are a whopping 12 active ingredients included in each capsule, all of which provide this product with the potential for significantly increased testosterone production, as well as greater muscle mass production.
According to the manufacturers, it is also capable of managing fat storage, low oxygen levels, stress response, and a number of other external factors which might lower your vitality and sex drive. Many of these external factors are contributors to decreased levels of testosterone, and that is where this product excels. One thing that makes this product stand out among most others is that it carries significantly higher concentrations of most components used in the formula, and that should contribute strongly toward its effectiveness.
The main ingredients found in this formulation are vitamin D, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, zinc, black pepper extract, D-aspartic acid, Panax ginseng, fenugreek, green tea extract, Ashwagandha, pomegranate extract, and garlic extract. The main features which are achievable using this product are increased testosterone levels, greater sex drive and desire, more muscle mass, increased strength and endurance, and a significantly improved mood, along with a greater sense of well-being and more self-confidence.
Dosage: 2 capsules before breakfast, 2 capsules before lunch
Guarantee: Lifetime guarantee
Fans of this testosterone booster simply refer to it as ‘The Test’, and it is widely considered to be one of the premium testosterone boosters on the market, capable of significantly enhancing health as well as physical and mental strength. The makers of this product are confident that the higher doses of natural ingredients included in the formula will significantly boost masculinity, because each of these components has been confirmed through scientific research to be effective.
That means you can count on its quality when you’re involved in serious fitness or training workouts, because it will deliver maximum performance and personal achievement. The main ingredients found in the formula itself are magnesium, Indole-3-Carbinol, zinc, boron chelate, Ashwagandha, Asian ginseng, D-aspartic acid, vitamin D, and vitamin K2. Each package contains 180 capsules, and since the makers recommend that you take six capsules each day, your package should last you one full month.
Users of this formula declare that it has significantly boosted their energy and testosterone levels, and has helped them get back in shape quickly by building significant levels of lean muscle mass. Also associated with regular usage of this formula are increased libido and sex drive, with a strong boost of virility that lasts throughout an entire day. Manufacturers assert that with this product in your routine, you’ll have no more excuses to perform poorly or to avoid strenuous exercise because you lack the motivation or the vitality to work out.
Dosage: 6 capsules per day
Guarantee: US, CA & MX 30 day guarantee, the rest of the world is 14 days
This formulation is considered an anabolic support complex, and it has been specially formulated to combine a number of nutrients that are known to produce the release of greater testosterone levels in the body. That being the case, manufacturers claim that users of the supplement will achieve more growth, increased energy levels, greater muscle mass, and much quicker recovery after workouts or after sustaining a sports injury.
This formulation has been founded on the principle known as compound nutrition, which is the notion that the total effect of combined nutrients is far greater than any one of them on their own. The manufacturers of this booster supplement are committed to educating males about their own body processes, and helping them to choose healthier lifestyles that will contribute to longevity, while also sustaining virility and masculinity.
The primary ingredients included in this formula are oyster extract, fenugreek, ginseng, zinc, magnesium, vitamin K2, vitamin B6, vitamin D, and D-aspartic acid. All these ingredients have supposedly been carefully selected by the manufacturers, and stringently tested for quality, purity, and overall effectiveness. The dosage strength recommended by the manufacturer is four capsules per day.
Makers of the supplement assert that it will be equally effective for men of any age, and that all benefits gained from the formula will be sustainable indefinitely. It is a fast-acting formula which is all-natural, and which will improve mental clarity while it also boosts your sex drive. You can count on greater strength and leaner muscle mass, while you also are burning body fat to achieve a more muscular and appealing physique. Makers of the product provide a 30-day money back guarantee to anyone living in Canada or the US, and a 14-day money back guarantee for people who live anywhere else in the world.
Dosage: 4 capsules per day
Guarantee: 30 days for US and Canada, 14 days for the rest of the world
A patented performance testosterone booster that has been clinically tested to increase energy and libido for males, while also increasing strength, this formula achieves all its impressive results through the combination of natural ingredients. The manufacturers recently formed a new company to issue this product, but they are certainly not new to the testosterone booster game, having a wealth of experience prior to founding the new company.
Undoubtedly, that vast accumulation of experience and knowledge is responsible for having their product rated one of the best testosterone boosters available, even though it is in its first year of release. In a matter of just three months, this formula will be capable of boosting your free testosterone level by over 70%, and this is a figure which has been clinically tested and proven to be accurate.
Better yet, the formulation includes an all-natural compound which supports the increase of testosterone in males above the age of 40. Its other capabilities include an increase of your energy level, better and more intense workouts, faster production of lean muscle mass, low body fat percentage, and a noticeable increase in sex drive and sexual performance. On top of everything else, it serves as a natural nootropic for increasing your concentration and focus.
This supplement has been used in at least three human clinical trials, and was found to show significant increases in mood, libido, and lean body mass production. For this reason, it has been a featured supplement appearing in the pages of the US National Library of Medicine, the World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, the International Journal of Medical Sciences, the Functional Foods in Health and Disease, and the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology.
This supplement contains fenugreek herb, which is known to be a powerful ingredient for increasing testosterone, and since it is present in a 500 mg dosage strength, it is completely safe for all users. As yet, there have been absolutely no negative reaction complaints from users, nor have any adverse side effects been discovered with usage. Even more surprising, this fast-acting formula begins to produce results in as little as two weeks, even though manufacturers recommend that only one capsule per day be taken regularly.
Because of its outstanding scientific pedigree, manufacturers are able to provide a 67-day money back guarantee, which probably very few purchasers have taken advantage of to this point. The big selling point with this testosterone booster supplement is that its patented ingredients are clinically proven, and the product itself has been shown to be powerfully effective in clinical studies.
It is entirely made in the USA and is registered with the FDA, being produced in a cGMP-certified facility. No doctor visits are necessary to obtain a supply of the supplement, and it contains no sugar or preservatives, no wheat grain or dairy products, and no eggs, gluten, or soy products. This is a testosterone booster supplement that you just can’t go wrong with, because it has a long history already of producing powerful benefits for its users.
Dosage: 1 capsule per day
Guarantee: 67 day money back guarantee
The manufacturers of this testosterone booster, CrazyBulk, are supplement manufacturers who are pursuing the avowed purpose of injecting natural and legal alternatives to steroids into the supplement market. Their product is a direct competitor for the anabolic steroid Sustanon, which is an oil-based injectable that has been identified as being capable of continuously releasing testosterone into the bloodstream for as long as three or four weeks at a time.
Users of Sustanon have reported side effects such as nausea and vomiting, developing or worsening acne, changes in cholesterol levels, modified liver function, and in some cases even heart failure. The makers of Testo-Max are promoting their product as an alternative to Sustanon, so that users won’t have to endure any of the negative side effects or potential health problems associated with the anabolic steroid. This product has become a favorite of males who are obliged to alternate between bulking up and reducing body weight, because it manages both cycles adeptly.
The ingredients found in this formula have been specifically chosen for their ability to promote extreme strength, to significantly enhance athletic performance, and to reduce the amount of time necessary for recovery. The main ingredients included in this supplement are red ginseng extract, fenugreek extract, nettle leaf extract, L-aspartic acid, magnesium, zinc, vitamin D2, vitamin B6, boron, and zinc citrate.
Manufacturers recommend that four capsules be taken with water, about 20 minutes prior to breakfast. The supplement should be taken whether today is a workout day or a day of rest, so as to maintain and continue the powerful effects of its boosting mechanism. Users of this product find that they have achieved faster muscle growth, greater athletic performance, and shorter recovery time after workouts and sports injuries.
Many have also claimed the achievement of super strength and levels of stamina, with results achievable in a matter of weeks rather than months. It’s also a very good alternative to anabolic steroids because it’s a completely legal formulation, and it has none of the adverse side effects which typically accompany anabolic steroids.
Dosage: Take 4 capsules per day before breakfast
Guarantee: 60 Days
T20 by JayLab Pro
This is a testosterone booster supplement which has somewhat different capabilities than many of the other supplements in this listing. In addition to increasing testosterone production, it also promotes healthy blood flow, as well as cardiovascular wellness, slimming down stomach and waist, boosting libido and energy levels, increasing endurance, and reducing everyday aches and pains so they’re more manageable. The product was developed and refined by a registered dietitian, who also happens to be a certified strength and conditioning expert, Mr. Jayson Hunter.
That should give interested buyers some strong confidence that the product itself is legitimate, and is entirely capable of bringing about the results that it claims. The main ingredients in T20 include L-Norvaline, Avena Sativa, Tongkat Ali, Rhodiola Rosea, Cordyceps Sinensis, and Tribulus Terrestris, all of which combine to produce significant increases in testosterone and male enhancement.
Makers of the product recommend two pills per day be taken to achieve optimal results. Users of the product can expect to have a natural increase in testosterone production, increased cardiovascular health and wellness, healthier blood circulation, increased levels of energy and libido, loss of belly fat, noticeably improved performance in the gym or on the playing field, increased muscle growth, and an improved mood with greater self-confidence.
One of the big selling points of this product is that it has been entirely developed by a certified strength and conditioning expert who is also a registered dietitian. That means you can have considerable confidence that all the most beneficial ingredients have been chosen to achieve the desired results. Manufacturers offer a 60-day money back guarantee to all purchasers of the supplement.
Dosage: 2 pills per day
Guarantee: 60 days
This natural testosterone booster supplement claims to have 12 vital nutrients which will help males become healthier, fitter, and much more energetic. Manufacturers declare that they’ve spent a great deal of time and money in finding the ideal balance between low doses and excess doses per serving, so that they can recommend the ideal dosage for everyday usage. That means you can expect to use this product with no adverse side effects whatsoever, while also working toward achieving a much healthier lifestyle.
Makers claim that their product is so potent it will achieve maximum results in minimum time, boosting testosterone a surprising 42% in as little as 12 days. The primary ingredients found in this product include a luteinizing hormone, a sex hormone-building globulin, and even female sex hormones such as prolactin and estrogen. Other ingredients include D-aspartic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin D3, nettle root extract, Asian red ginseng, and Ashwagandha.
According to manufacturers, the ideal dosage is four capsules per day, which should be taken after meals, and the meals themselves should be spaced out enough so that capsules are not taken too close together. The primary features experienced by users of this formula include enhanced sexual performance, greater lean muscle mass, faster weight loss, improved mental health, enhanced cognitive abilities, and an improved mood which promotes more self-confidence.
Dosage: 2 capsules before breakfast and 2 capsules before dinner
Guarantee: 90 days
Testo 911 by PhytAge Labs
The makers of this product consider it an all-natural testosterone booster which combines the powerful effects of nine different ingredients. The team responsible for producing this product considers that their research has allowed them to formulate the ideal solution for increasing energy levels, stimulating long-term muscle support, promoting bodily wellness, and strengthening immune health indefinitely.
The main ingredients found in this supplement are fenugreek, vitamin B6, Eurycoma Longifolia, Piperine, Piper Nigrum extract, Rhodiola Rosea, fenugreek, zinc, magnesium, and Diindolylethane. Manufacturers recommend that two capsules per day be taken, and this regimen should be adhered to for the entire duration of time where beneficial results are desired.
Users of this product have reported that it helps greatly with weight loss, lowers irritability and anxiety, boosts the sex drive and libido, achieves a natural balance with male sex hormones, and that it enhances strength and stamina. One of the big selling points about this product is that only the finest quality ingredients have been used in producing the supplement formula.
Dosage: 2 capsules
Guarantee: 90 day guarantee
|Testo Lab Pro T-Booster||
|Barbarian XL by Zenith Labs||
|T20 by JayLab Pro||
90 day money-back guarantee
Ingredients used in Testosterone Boosters
The scientific community regards testosterone boosters in terms of the ingredients used to produce them. Given the fact that there are literally tons of ingredients which can have a major impact on testosterone production, it makes sense that each of these supplements would be rated at least partly on the strength of the ingredients used.
You have probably noticed in the descriptions of these supplements above, that there were several specific ingredients which were common to most of them. A fuller description of these popular ingredients is provided below, so that you can have an understanding of how they contribute to increasing testosterone levels in males.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 is a critical ingredient involved in the immune functions of glycogenolysis and gluconeogenesis. A major study was conducted on laboratory rats with the purpose of assessing how testosterone levels were affected by increasing or lowering the presence of vitamin B6 in their bodies. The conclusion was that almost all the rats involved in the study had a lower testosterone level when they were deprived of vitamin B6, and that conversely those who were given extra amounts of vitamin B6 had an increased level of testosterone. Another study combined vitamin B6 with zinc and magnesium, and it found that when the right level of zinc and magnesium is delivered to subjects, there is a significant increase in testosterone after eight weeks of regular consumption. It was also determined that any period beyond those eight weeks did not lead to any further increases in testosterone levels. It is not clear why this happened, so further research and study will be conducted to see if more answers are forthcoming. Much research has been conducted on vitamin B6 with respect to its ability to boost testosterone, and results from this research indicate that it is a crucial element necessary for breaking down protein, fats, carbohydrates, and processing them effectively. Vitamin B6 is also known to improve cognitive function, energy levels, and now it is also known that it provides a major boost to testosterone levels. It has also been discovered that when individuals are deprived of vitamin B6, it triggers the brain to produce more estrogen, which of course, is a female hormone that will run counter to the effects of testosterone.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is a mineral which has a prominent role in a great many enzyme reactions which occur in the human body. One of its primary functions is in the area of muscle and nerve function, as well as supporting immune system processes and blood pressure levels. One study which was conducted, sought to determine the effects of four weeks of magnesium supplementation and the effect that regular exercise might have on free testosterone levels and total testosterone levels. The conclusion of the study was that both types of testosterone were increased, both at rest before exercise and after an exercise session had been completed. In addition, increases of testosterone were much more prevalent in those individuals who did participate in regular exercise, as opposed to those who remained sedentary. One reviewer wrote that the relationship between testosterone level and magnesium supplements showed clearly that men who had low levels of magnesium tended to also have low levels of testosterone, and that they would probably benefit by increasing their intake of magnesium. While additional study and more research is necessary to determine the validity of these conclusions, it does seem likely that there is a strong correlation between magnesium and the level of testosterone in males. Some researchers also believed that when additional research is conducted, it will bear out the possibility that increased levels of magnesium can literally prevent the onset of disability in elderly persons.
- Zinc – Zinc is a naturally-occurring substance found all throughout the human body, and its primary role is to eliminate free radicals and toxins, in addition to including protein and DNA production, while also contributing to production of genetic material in cells. A study which explored the link between zinc concentrations and serum testosterone in men between the ages of 20 and 80, found a strong correlation. Those individuals in the study who were given restricted zinc amounts experienced a decrease in serum testosterone after 20 weeks, while those who were given increased amounts of dietary zinc showed an increase in serum testosterone during that same period. In studies on erectile dysfunction, one particular study explored the effect on of zinc on the sex drive of male rats. Results showed clearly that zinc therapy significantly improved sexual confidence, and that the degree of competence was closely associated to the dosage delivered to the rats. Promising results like this make it clear that more studies are necessary to determine the relationship between zinc and male sexual performance.
- Ashwagandha – This is an herb which supports the body’s ability to handle stress better, and it has been well documented in terms of its positive impact on reducing fatigue and increasing vigor, especially in men aged between 40 and 70 who are overweight. One significant study conducted over a period of eight weeks clearly demonstrated that ashwagandha was strongly linked to an 18% increase in DHEA – S, and a 14.7% increase in testosterone production. Another study which sought to determine whether ashwagandha can significantly contribute to muscle mass and increased strength was performed on a group of 57 men. The results of the study showed that the control group did enjoy a significantly greater increase in muscle growth, and were capable of performing more intense exercises in the gym. The study also found that participants who were given the ashwagandha control pill had their arms and chests increase noticeably in size, while the risk of injury dropped significantly.
- Vitamin D3 – This is a fat-soluble vitamin, which is known to be effective at helping with phosphorus and calcium absorption. That means it’s essential for maintaining strong and healthy bones, and in terms of boosting testosterone, it also seems to play a significant role. In a study conducted on healthy overweight men who were involved in a weight loss program, half were given a placebo and half were given vitamin D for an entire year. At the end of that time, the volunteers who took vitamin D had a major increase in bioactive testosterone levels as well as total free testosterone levels. This made it very clear that vitamin D can have a powerful influence on testosterone production, since there seems to be a direct link between the two. Further research discovered that vitamin D triggers greater testosterone production right in the testicles themselves, and this offers a great deal of hope to men who have low sperm counts, and who may have been suffering from infertility.
- Fenugreek – A clover-like herb mainly grown in Western Asia, southern Europe, and the Mediterranean area, fenugreek has long been associated with increased testosterone levels in males. In order to evaluate the effectiveness of fenugreek seeds on androgenic hormones, a research team conducted a study on 60 healthy subjects who were provided with the herb for eight consecutive weeks. At the end, it was found that the herb caused a significant improvement in androgenic and anabolic activity in the study subjects. At the same time body fat levels were significantly lowered, with no corresponding loss in muscle mass or muscle strength. Another major study which was performed on healthy men between the ages of 43 and 70 also discovered some highly significant results. In the study, subjects were given fenugreek supplement for 12 consecutive weeks, after which levels of free testosterone and total serum testosterone were evaluated. This showed clearly that fenugreek is a highly effective treatment for lowering symptoms associated with androgen deficiency, and for improving sexual function in males who were healthy and middle-aged.
- D-aspartic acid – This is a particular type of amino acid which is closely associated with the production and release of testosterone in the human body. One prominent review conducted on this ingredient showed that 23 animal studies and 4 human studies demonstrated clearly that testosterone levels increased with its usage. Since the results of these studies have been so promising, it has been speculated that more human studies are necessary, because animal studies have shown more spectacular results. It’s unclear whether that’s due to the fact that they impact animals in a different way, or just that the human studies were not appropriately set up and conducted so as to reveal more useful results.
- Korean red ginseng – For years, this plant has been used as a treatment for enhancing the immune system. The ginsenoside compounds it contains can increase antioxidant capacity in body cells while also preventing inflammation. A number of studies have been conducted on its ability to assist with erectile dysfunction, and one of those studies reported a 60% improvement in erectile dysfunction. Many of the other studies also showed significant improvement, although they did not reach the lofty heights of the 60% improvement study. When serious research was conducted on the impact of ginseng on male reproductive function, it was determined that there is a positive correlation between ginseng, libido, and sexual performance. It is also been determined that sperm quality has been higher among individuals using Korean red ginseng, and that it has contributed to better overall health among users of the product.
Testosterone Booster FAQ
Many people have questions about just what a testosterone booster can do for you, and who benefits the most from taking such a supplement. Below you’ll find the answers to some of the most frequently posed questions about this powerful and capable product.
Q: Why does testosterone level drop-off in men?
A: The truth is, falling testosterone levels are perfectly normal in men as they age. In fact, men who have reached their 30s can expect a 1% or 2% drop in testosterone level pretty much every year. This usually doesn’t cause problems for most males, unless the dropping testosterone level is due to some other cause beside aging. Many men lose testosterone due to depression, stress, or anxiety, and this will generally result in a loss of sexual interest and erectile dysfunction. There are other lifestyle problems and psychological problems which can contribute to dropping testosterone levels, and it will generally be necessary to consult with your physician to pinpoint the actual cause.
Q: What is a normal testosterone level?
A: Testosterone levels are measured through blood tests, and after a man reaches the age of 30, it’s very typical to experience a steady decline in that level. However, it is very possible for males to maintain a viable level of testosterone even into their 80s, and these men are perfectly capable of fathering children. Other men will have their testosterone level drop-off to close to the lower limit, and that’s when they start experiencing a diminished sex drive, erectile dysfunction, low stamina, decreased energy, and less energetic mood. In terms of actual measurements, testosterone is measured in nanomoles per liter, and it is considered normal for a reading to be above .30 nmol per liter, with an optimal range somewhere around .45 nmol per liter.
Q: What do testosterone boosters do?
A: Actually, the term testosterone booster is applied to a broad range of supplements which are capable of elevating the levels of testosterone. Consumers will have several choices, depending on how severe the drop-off is, and for relatively mild drop-offs you can use herbal blends or products like Tribulus Terrestris. For severe drop-offs in testosterone, it will be possible to obtain prescription level drugs which can be taken under supervision because of the high doses of testosterone they contain.
Q: How effective are testosterone boosters?
A: Some of them can be extremely effective, and they can actually bring about significant changes in physique, energy, mood, sex drive, and general zest for life. Testosterone boosters are most effective when they’re combined with a change in lifestyle and complemented by a healthy diet and regular exercise. There is a considerable amount of science behind testosterone boosters as well. A study conducted by the Shanghai University of Sport monitored a number of boxers during several weeks of high intensity training, punctuated by four weeks of rest. Half the group were given 1250 mg of testosterone booster, while the other half were given a placebo. Those who had the actual testosterone booster exhibited significantly increased performance levels, and sustained far less muscle damage.
Q: How do testosterone boosters affect your sex drive?
A: There is no question that testosterone boosters are capable of increasing your energy level and your sex drive, which will make it much easier to keep an erection. However, this is only true if you’re starting out with a reduced level of testosterone. If you had a normal level of testosterone and began taking boosters, it’s very possible that you might experience a drop-off in sperm count, erectile dysfunction, shrinking testicles, and even breast development. That’s why it should not be assumed that failure to achieve an erection is always due to low testosterone levels. You’re always well advised to speak to a medical professional about why your sex drive is low.
Q: Are there any side effects related to testosterone boosters?
A: Actually, there could be, especially if you take testosterone boosters without having a low level of testosterone in the first place. When you take this kind of booster, or any supplement, without really needing it, it can cause some unpleasant issues. It’s also a good idea to have regular blood monitoring so you can be sure that you’re actually taking the correct dosage. Probably the single biggest problem associated with artificially boosting your testosterone level is the fact that it might shut off your natural production of testosterone and permanently lower your sperm count. In some cases, boosters have been known to cause baldness, acne, aggressive behavior, and significant mood swings. In order to avoid any unpleasant side effects, you should consult with your physician before deciding on taking a testosterone booster. If you take testosterone boosters without supervision, it’s very possible that you might raise your testosterone level way above the safe range. This could lead to risks such as high blood pressure, hormone imbalance, liver damage, and even an elevated risk of heart attack or stroke.
Q: Should men take testosterone boosters?
A: It’s not a good idea to take testosterone boosters without first taking care of your general health and well-being. If you don’t have a good healthy foundation in place, it’s very possible that you might do damage to your state of well-being rather than make it better. Having a poor lifestyle can be very similar to the symptoms you might see from low testosterone levels, and in some cases a poor lifestyle can actually contribute to reduced levels of testosterone. The biggest culprits in this area are excessive stress, too little exercise, insufficient sleep, and too much body fat. By getting healthy, staying active, and eating a nutritious diet, as well as getting adequate sleep, you can do yourself a huge favor and maintain a fairly healthy lifestyle. If you take testosterone boosters without first addressing all these areas, it’s very likely that the booster will have a minimal effect, or won’t do you any good at all.
Q: What other methods will increase testosterone level?
A: There are several things you can do to increase your testosterone level without taking supplements. For instance, loading up on omega-3 fatty acids and adding more zinc to your diet will be natural ways that you can boost your levels. If you legitimately make changes to your diet and lifestyle and still haven’t seen much improvement, then it might be worth your while to consult with a medical professional to see what can be done. It just has to be remembered that in order for any testosterone booster to be really effective, you need to have a healthy lifestyle and diet before trying anything else. Some of the best foods for boosting testosterone levels are: tuna, eggs, pomegranate juice, grapes, beef liver, and ginger.
Q: Are there any foods which did tend to kill testosterone?
A: Yes, there are. In fact, there are some foods you can eat which promote the production of estrogen which is the sex hormone in females, and this can happen either directly or by converting testosterone into estrogen. The more circulating estrogen you have in your body, the lower will be your testosterone production. The biggest culprit in this area are sugars and carbohydrates, so to keep your testosterone level normal, you should avoid junk food as much as possible. Over-consuming processed foods, high sugar foods, and those with high fat content, can all lead to an increase of fat deposits in the abdominal region. Belly fat secretes an enzyme called aromatase which converts testosterone into estrogen. It’s also worth noting that consuming excessive amounts of alcohol can kill off your testosterone level. Chronic consumption of excess alcohol promotes the production of estrogen as well as cortisol hormones, both of which can significantly decrease the level of testosterone in your body. Anyone who consumes a significant quantity of alcohol over a prolonged period, or someone who makes a habit of eating sweets all the time, can expect to experience a drop-off in testosterone level.
Q: Does masturbating lower the level of testosterone in your body?
A: No, it does not. That is a myth and an old wives’ tale that has no legitimate basis in science. No evidence has ever been produced which shows a significant link between frequent masturbation and a low level of testosterone. While it’s true that some studies have shown masturbation can have a short-term effect on the level of testosterone in your body, a number of other studies have been conducted which show the exact opposite.
Q: What are some of the best testosterone boosters on the market?
A: One of the best is D-aspartic-acid, which is a natural amino acid directly involved in the synthesis and production of testosterone. One study which has been conducted showed that men with low sperm counts who took D-aspartic-acid for 90 days, had their sperm counts increased by double the original level. Vitamin D is another excellent natural booster you can take, and numerous studies have been conducted which show that taking a vitamin D supplement for a year can cause a significant increase in testosterone level. Tribulus Terrestris can significantly enhance your performance and have a major impact on your sex drive as well. A number of clinical studies have shown its effectiveness in increasing the libido and the performance during sexual encounters. Another supplement you can take which is similar to vitamin D, is magnesium. Studies have shown that sedentary individuals, as well as athletes who are given magnesium, experienced significant increases in testosterone levels soon afterward. All these supplements are fairly safe ways of boosting your testosterone level without producing undesirable results.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team and please know we only recommend high quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely a substitute for sound medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider. Make sure to consult with a professional physician before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary as the statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.