Fourth of July events
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 50th Annual American Legion and Auxiliary Fourth of July Carnival and Barbecue, Mile 2.5 East End Road
• Noon, Homer Elks Lodge 38th Annual Scholarship Fundraiser. Cash prizes total $15,000 with a $10,000 grand prize. Barbecue is at 1 p.m. and drawing starts at 2 p.m.
• Noon to 10 p.m. Harbor Fest, Homer Shores Boardwalk, Homer Spit. Music, food, fun
• 6 p.m., Homer Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center Fourth of July parade, Pioneer Avenue. Theme: Celebrating Homer’s Volunteers
• 9 p.m. Santos Gang, Salty Dawg, Homer Spit
This year also marks the city’s inaugural Harbor Fest, to be held on July 4 on the Homer Shores Boardwalk at the Homer Spit.
The festival will run from noon to 10 p.m. and will feature several local vendors and food trucks, as well as live music. For more information, visit the Homer Harbor Fest page on Facebook.