The Homer Council on the Arts will celebrate Mary Epperson Day from noon – 5 p.m. Saturday, June 5, at 355 West Pioneer Ave.
The celebration will feature live music, an artist market, local vendors, as well as family games and activities. Masks will be required during the event.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- Noon – 2 p.m.: Make your own nature crown with Carly Garay
- Noon – 3 p.m.: Community mural painting
- 12:30 p.m.: KP Brass Band
- 2 p.m.: Chamber Concert by Mannfried Funk & Dan Perry
- 3 – 5 p.m.: Projectile painting
- 3 – 5 p.m.: Felting with Kiki Abrahamson
- 3:30 p.m.: Shamwari Marimba
Giant bubbles, free art books and more will be offered during the events.
Born on June 6, 1922, Epperson was known as the “creative heart of Homer” before she died in 2016. As an avid supporter of the arts, Epperson helped found numerous arts and charitable organizations and served on the Homer Council on the Arts. Mary Epperson Day is held on or near her birthday to honor her contributions to the arts.
To register as a vendor, volunteer, purchase merchandise or for more information, visit www.homerart.org/calendar/mary-day.