Hospice of Homer begins its annual training for end-of-life and visitor volunteer programs next month.
Training sessions will be:
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4;
• 1-5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5;
• 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 7;
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11;
• 1-5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12;
• 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14; and
• 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21.
Training will be at the Hospice of Homer office, 265 E. Pioneer Ave., Suite 3. Class size is limited to 16 participants. For more information or to reserve a place for yourself, call hospice at 235-6899.
We tend to gravitate around people like ourselves. Working with Hospice, I’m around all kinds. It’s refreshing and keeps me from getting too set in my ways. Clients and their families are grateful for help, and I almost always come away smiling.
-Charlie Gibson, Hospice of Homer volunteer