The Alaska Small Business Development center will conduct a record-keeping workshop Nov. 12 at the Homer Chamber of Commerce.
The class, which will be from 12:30-4 p.m., is designed for small business owners who need basic guidance on how to set up, maintain and prepare their business financial records for the tax season.
The fee is $65.
The online registration deadline is by 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9. Register at http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com. Participants can pay when they register using a safe Upay option for Visa or MasterCard. Cash or check payments also are accepted.
The following topics will be covered:
• How to set up a sound record-keeping and filing system;
• How to keep track of business transactions;
• Business requirements of the IRS;
• How to file source documents;
• Computer or manual book-keeping — what will work best for you and what is available;
• What financial statements you may need;
• How to maximize your business tax return.
There will be time for questions, brief discussions of covered and non-covered topics, and any other financial issue that is of concern to participants.
For more information, contact Bunny Kishaba at 907-260-5629. Veterans may contact Kishaba for a free scholarship ticket.