The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District will continue to feed students during the extended spring break, according to a press release.
With schools closed to students, KPBSD will provide free “Get It & Go” breakfast and lunch meals for KPBSD students at food distribution buses for youth age 18 and younger.
Sign-up online and choose your pick-up location.
Action Needed: Complete the simple online sign-up for free daily lunch and breakfast meal service delivery. For families without access to the internet, call KPBSD Student Nutrition Services at 907-714-8890.
Twenty-five pickup locations throughout the Kenai Peninsula will be open daily from noon-1:00 p.m. beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 20, and extending throughout the school closures. Parents choose their location when they sign-up. A KPBSD student must be present with parents at the pickup location. We apologize that no special dietary substitutions will be accommodated.
If a student attends any of these KPBSD schools, all household children 18 and younger are eligible for daily free meal service: Kalideoscope School of Arts and Science, Kenai Alternative, Kenai Central High School, Kenai Middle School, Mountain View Elementary, Nanwalek School, Nikolaevsk School, Ninilchik School, Port Graham School, River City Academy, Skyview Middle School, Sterling Elementary, Tebughna School, and Tustumena Elementary.
If your child or children do not attend these KPBSD schools (including Connections Homeschool), only the children currently enrolled in KPBSD are eligible for free breakfast and lunch.
Twenty-Five Pickup Locations
Pickup locations will be open from noon-1 p.m. beginning Tuesday, March 17. At the pick-up spot, families will meet a school bus, where students will recognize familiar faces — support staff, including student nutrition employees, and bus drivers — who will assist with the delivery of meals. A KPBSD student must be present with you at the pickup location.
• Across the Water: Nanwalek School, Port Graham School Tebughna School
• Eastern Peninsula: Moose Pass School, Seward High School
• Kenai Area: K-Beach Fire Station, Kaleidoscope School of Arts and Science, Kenai Central High School, Mountain View Elementary
• Nikiski Area: Nikiski Middle-High School, Nikiski North Star Elementary, North Peninsula Rec (formerly Nikiski Elementary)
• Soldotna Area: K-Beach Elementary, Soldotna High School, Skyview Middle School, Soldotna Elementary, Tustumena Elementary
• Sterling Area: Sterling Elementary, Sterling Highway Pullout (MP 80.5)
• Lower Kenai Peninsula: Chapman School, East End Road at Basargin Road (Mile 18.8) Turnout, Homer High School, McNeil Canyon School, Nikolaevsk School, Ninilchik School
When you pick up your meals, protect your personal health and the people near you by practicing social distancing. These practices include frequent hand-washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and keeping a distance of 6 feet or more between yourself and others. A lunch and breakfast meal will be delivered each day.
* If your child has special needs accommodations for door-to-door bus transportation, please check the “other” box at the end of the online sign-up list, and you will be contacted for your additional delivery option.
For questions, or do not have internet access to complete the online signup, call KPBSD Student Nutrition Services, 907-714-8890, or email dbuchanan@KPBSD.org.