Obituaries of lower Kenai Peninsula residents or former residents (including part-time residents) will be published under these conditions:
- Death announcements and memorial announcements that are 50 words are less, and do not have a photo, will be published free of charge.
- Obituaries between 51-350 words cost $40
- Obituaries between 351-500 words cost $80
- Obituaries that are 500+ words must be run as paid display ads through the advertising department. The newsroom will not be involved in any editing of display ads.
- The Homer News reserves the right to edit obituaries to fit Associated Press style. We will not edit obituaries down to fit these word limits.
- It is preferable to submit obituaries through funeral homes. Obituaries submitted directly by families should be done by a single family contact who is responsible for content. At our discretion, we may ask for additional documentation to verify a death.
- A photograph may be included. Color photos will be used on the website and black-and-white photos in print.
To read submitted obituaries, please visit https://www.homernews.com/obituaries/.
Send obituaries with a high-resolution photo to:
3482 Landings St.
Homer, Alaska 99603
Publisher Jeff Hayden: 907-335-1237 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor Michael Armstrong: 907-235-7767 • email@example.com
Reporter Megan Pacer: 907-235-7767 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Multimedia Sales Consultant Malia Anderson: 907-235-7767 • email@example.com