CBD, or cannabidiol, products are popping up everywhere, but are they really as good as they seem? It’s good to start off by letting you know that CBD is the part of the plant that is non-psychoactive, but it does produce a calm feeling that helps people become pain-free as well.
CBD is used in many different forms, and the best CBD dog treats are not that difficult to find, especially if you start your search online. These are healthy treats that can help with everything from joint stiffness to too much energy, and you can give them to your dog without worrying about any difficult side effects.
Best CBD Dog Treats Overview
- Royal CBD Dog Treats
- Gold Bee Goofy Bones Dog Treats
- Hempure CBD Pet Chews
Reviews of the Best CBD Dog Treats
Although Royal CBD treats for dogs are not cheap, this is a super high-quality product that can be considered the Rolls Royce of CBD dog products. They use the CO2 extraction method for the best quality, and the only additives are all-natural ones that are each included to help with a specific ailment.
Made without gluten, dairy products, and GMO ingredients, the treats are available in three different varieties and contain 5 mg of CBD in each treat. Flavors such as green apple and peanut butter, among others, are added to make it easy for your dog to consume them, and they can help with ailments such as pain and anxiety, among many others.
Here is a breakdown of the ingredients and flavors found in the three formulas:
- Active: cinnamon and pumpkin
- Calming: peanut butter and green apple
- Hearty: blueberry and sweet potato
Of course, these foods are added to make the treats even tastier as well, which guarantees that you’ll never have to “force feed” your dog or hide them in another food just to get him to consume the product.
And as far as customer reviews go, you can’t beat the reviews from real-life users of the Royal CBD treats for dogs. In fact, if you’re looking for a product that will work and contains only natural but proven ingredients, this is the product for you.
Things We Liked:
- They are one of the highest-quality products on the market.
- They are made with the CO2 extraction method for more effectiveness.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil is used in all three products.
Things We Didn’t Like:
- They are a bit expensive for many people.
- The 5 mg of CBD in each treat may be a bit too much for smaller dogs
Despite its name, this product will not make your dog loopy or walk funny. In fact, Gold Bee uses no THC, which is the part of the plant that can get you “high,” in any of their products, leaving you with one less thing to worry about.
And while they do use the cold-pressed extraction method rather than the CO2 method, this is still a healthy, high-quality product that all of your dogs should respond to. In fact, the reason why the product contains a full 6 mg of CBD in each of the chews is to make sure that your dog gets enough CBD to help him relax or to relieve the pain he’s feeling.
With bacon added as an extra incentive for your dog to love the product, Goofy Bones chews have the right combination of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids necessary to get the entourage effect, which is what helps maximize all of the many different medicinal and health benefits of using CBD oil.
The product proves why checking the amount of CBD in each serving is so important. A dog treat with only 2 mg of CBD oil is not going to have the same effect on your dog as one with 5 or 6 mg of CBD, which is why if your dog’s ailments are fairly severe, you may want to consider paying more for a product that has more CBD in each serving.
Things We Liked:
- A full-spectrum CBD oil is used.
- The dosage is especially helpful to large dogs.
- It is produced from hemp that is totally organic and natural.
Things We Didn’t Like:
- Only one flavor is available.
- The cold-pressed extraction method is used instead of the CO2 method.
- There is less of an entourage effect with the product.
One of the biggest advantages of these pet chews is that they are good for numerous pet ailments including anxiety, weak immune systems, pain and stiffness, and basic soreness and other age-related problems.
These are soft, easy-to-consume chews that contain 2 mg of CBD oil in each one. The company even helps you figure out how many milligrams per day your dog needs to stay healthy if you go to their website for assistance. Their recommendations are determined by the dog’s weight, and it is listed on the back of most of their products as well.
With two different sized bags and a price that starts at around $25, you have nothing to lose by giving these chews a try. They help with a multitude of ailments and it won’t take long for your dog to be feeling a whole lot better, especially if they are given to the dog on a regular basis.
And your concern about the other “unnecessary” ingredients found in the chews might be less important than you think. The ingredients aren’t necessarily harmful to your pets as much as they are merely unnecessary.
A little more research on your part just might get rid of any doubts you may have about these extra ingredients, in fact.
Things We Liked:
- The soft texture makes them easy to consume.
- The CO2 extraction method is used.
- It is a very reasonably priced CBD product.
Things We Didn’t Like:
- They contain many additives, including gluten, glycerin, and brewer’s yeast.
- They only contain 2 mg of CBD per chew, which may not be enough for all dogs.
- There is only one flavor available.
What to Look for in CBD Dog Treats
CBD products have indeed been studied for their medicinal effect and the best news is that there are rarely, if any, side effects suffered by anyone who takes them. While they’ve been consumed by humans for a while, only recently have pet parents started giving their furry family members a piece of the action.
So, what exactly should you look for when researching CBD products for your pet? The first thing you’ll want to do is decide on the ailment you’re trying to alleviate — for example, pain issues, mobility issues, weight issues, anxiety issues, etc.
Once you do this, you need to pay close attention to the correct dosage for your particular animal, which is usually determined by his weight. Most of these products will indicate the dosages on the back of the package, and it’s best never to deviate from the recommended numbers.
Because CBD oil has been proven to help with all of these issues and numerous others, there’s a good chance that your dog will respond positively to this method of recovery. CBD oil also builds up in your system and therefore works better the longer it is taken, which gives you an extra incentive to give CBD products to your dog every single day.
That being said, for conditions such as anxiety and stress, you can give CBD products to your dog as needed and it will simply feel good knowing that you’re giving him something that is safe to take regardless of what he’s taking it for.
What other things can you look for when researching CBD products for your pets? To start with, consider the following tips:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil is preferred. This simply means that all of the CBD oil used in the product is natural and that no synthetic CBD products were used to cut costs.
- Look for a THC (the part of the plant that gets you “high”) content of 0.3% or less. If the amount of THC is higher than 0.3%, it may not produce the results you were hoping for.
- Make sure that they have a customer service department that is easy to contact. A phone number, email address, and, of course, website should be easy to find so that you can contact them a number of ways when you need to.
- Check to see if they have a COA, or certificate of analysis. This document verifies that the company’s product is made exactly as they claim it is. If you cannot find their COA, you might want to consider another company.
- Only use hemp that is organically grown. Otherwise, it’s possible that pesticides and other unnatural ingredients could be included in the product.
Final Thoughts: Best CBD Dog Treats
When it comes to finding the best CBD dog treats, you certainly have a lot to choose from. Out of the five excellent products mentioned above, we believe that the Royal CBD dog treats are the best, and it isn’t just because they were the most expensive product on our list. When it comes to overall value, you simply cannot beat the Royal brand of products.
In fact, Royal has had a great reputation for high-quality products for many years and their CBD products for pets just cannot be beat. Every step of the manufacturing process is completed with the attention to detail that is needed to make such a great product, and we believe that all customers will determine that it is worth every penny they spent on it.
CBD products have been used for a long time to alleviate joint and muscle pain, anxiety problems, and a host of other ailments common to both humans and animals. It is a plant-based product that comes in many different strengths and forms, but choosing the right one is a lot easier once you know what you’re looking for.