Homer Fire

July 18-24

Firefighters and emergency medical technicians went to 16 medical calls and two fire calls.

July 21

Firefighters at 7:08 p.m. went to a kitchen fire at a Lakeshore Drive four-plex. Crews found the residents had put out the fire with an extinguisher. Firefighters found heavy smoke and fire damage to the kitchen. The fire was caused by unattended cooking when the cook said he walked away from the stove for just a minute while heating up oil. No one was displaced from their home. Firefighters remind people to test smoking detectors to make sure they work, to keep a working fire extinguishers in the kitchen and to never leave cooking unattended.

More in Community

Pet of the Week

Pet of the week The Homer Animal Shelter is closed to the… Continue reading

Cops and Courts

Information about fire, police and troopers is taken from public records consisting… Continue reading

Megan Cassidy Anderson

Megan Cassidy Anderson May 12, 1989 - June 3, 2020 Megan Cassidy… Continue reading

James J. Lempe

James J. Lempe Dec. 5, 1935 - March 17, 2020 James passed… Continue reading

Jeffrey Floyd Larson

Jeffrey Floyd Larson May 27, 1981 - March 25, 2020 There will… Continue reading

Town Crier

The Ninilchik Rodeo kicks off this weekend with events Friday, Saturday and… Continue reading

Years Ago

20 years ago The late Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, visited Homer for… Continue reading

Best Bets

Except for the You Know What, this summer is turning out to… Continue reading

Kachemak Cuisine: Celebrate the Fourth Alaska style – with salmon

Happy Independence Day! The Fourth of July, as most of us call… Continue reading

Most Read